19 Incredible Money Saving Tricks For Seniors This 2019. No 4 Is Genius!
Published on Sat, 26 Oct 2019
If you’re a senior, you’ve paid your dues. You worked for years, you followed the rules, and now it’s time to collect some hard earned discounts. And trust us, there are plenty of awesome money saving tips out there for you.
But the trick is, you have to know about them, and you have to ask for them.
Here are 19 life hacks that every seniors should know. Some of this offers are only available online. Make sure you ask them “Do you offer a senior discount?” and save big! Make sure to read through to the end, as there are many you probably didn't know about!
1. Seniors 55 and Older Get $1,000,000 Tax-Free Life Insurance
Unfortunately with every year you age your insurance premium amount rises 8-10%. For some, rising life insurance policy costs can add up significantly. And what's worse is the fact that many have a hard time qualifying for new policies altogether once they reach a certain age.
Fortunately though, there is a way to get a very cheap life insurance policy.
You need to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. This amazing website will let you do that and the best part it is totally free! They will run your information through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available for a much much lower price. You could end up saving up to 70% on life insurance!
No medical check and instant approval policies are also available. Click on the link below to see available plans.
2. Never Pay For Costly Home Repairs Out-of-Pocket Again
Many seniors simply don’t have enough money lying around to pay for expensive home repairs.
Your home insurance won’t cover your washing machine or AC breaking. What if your heater breaks when you need it the most? Who amongst us has hundreds or even thousands available at a moment’s notice for such a repair?
This is why many homeowners are getting this new Choice Home Warranty Program and they’re ending up saving thousands in the long run. ACs, electrical heaters, appliances, roofing repairs – they’re all covered! If there’s something they can’t fix they will just replace it.
3. Do Your Joints Hurt? Claim A Sample Of GNC's #1 Joint Compound To Try
If you deal with joint discomfort, you need to see this.
Formulated by renowned Doctor, David Katz, Instaflex Advanced has become the best-selling joint solution product at GNC and Walgreens. Thousands of seniors across the US and Canada are enjoying joint relief everyday with it.
The best part? You only have to take 1 small capsule a day and many start to feel a difference very quickly!
The company behind Instaflex Advanced has agreed to allow new customers to try a sample throughout 2019. You can go to their website by clicking below and read up on the formulation and you can then claim your sample to be shipped to you. Samples ship within 24-48 hours, so you'll have it quickly too!
4. Save Up To $535/Year On Your Car Insurance
You might not know but a lot of insurance companies offering discounts for Seniors with good driving records. The easiest way to find out the most affordable rates is to compare insurance plans on this website.
Lot of people are already taking advantage of this free service and saving up to $535/Year and don't forget that if you cancel your current policy before the end date, you're usually entitled to a refund of the remaining balance.
5. FIXD – Prevent $1000s In Unnecessary Car Repairs
Most of us panic when our check engine light comes on – mostly because we have no idea what it actually means.
Is my car in danger?
Should I take it to the shop right now?
Can I even afford to fix whatever’s going on with my car?
Now you can take the stress out of car repairs. Know exactly why your check engine light is on, how severe it is, and how much it’s going to cost in plain English with FIXD! Invented by three Georgia Tech grads, FIXD plugs in easily below your car’s steering wheel and sends everything you need to know about your car directly to your phone via a free app (which has a 4.7 rating with over 3,000 reviews).
FIXD has already sold over 1 Million devices worldwide! Its ideal as a gifts to anyone that has a car at home.
6. Save Money on a New Roof
One of the most important (and most expensive) fixes to your home is always going to be your roof. It’s what holds your entire house together—without the roof, your whole home can cave in on itself.
But finding a quality roofing specialist can take time, and when you’re in a bind, some roofers might take advantage of your dire situation. You need to have a roofing company on your radar before an emergency occurs to ensure that you can lock in the best deals at fair prices.
Most homeowners aren’t aware of this little trick, but you can actually make qualified roofers compete for your business and bid against themselves using this website.
7. Make Old Memories Digital
If your memories are preserved on VHS tapes or film, they’re stuck in the past. With iMemories, you can easily turn them into a high-resolution digital format at an affordable cost.
iMemories helps you manage files easily and will even restore images and videos for easy viewing and sharing. They will send you a crushproof, waterproof SafeShip Kit. All you need to do is send it back with tapes, photos, and negatives. They provide a free quote on your order and send back your digitized memories. Click here to receive up to 38% off your order.
8. Special Mortgage Program Pays Homeowners Up To $77,000 (You Must Qualify)
The amazing government mortgage program can help qualified homeowners pay for home improvements, but the banks have been keeping this a secret!
When homeowners visit the FHA Quiz Website they may be surprised to find out that they qualify for a cash-out payment that could help make home improvements, take a vacation, pay off debts, and more.
This brilliant government program called FHA Cash Out Program can provide up to $77,221 to qualified homeowners (if you qualify). Most homeowners use this cash for home remodelling and repairs but you can use it however you want.).
As far as we are aware, deadlines for these programs haven’t yet been announced, but if transforming your home, paying off debts, or even just taking the cash for a vacation or new car would help you, it’s smart to act now.
Remember, these are free programs and there is absolutely NO COST to see if you are eligible. Click here to check if you qualify and find out how much you can claim. It’s an easy way to put cash back in your pocket!
9. Save Energy Cost By Replacing Your Old Windows
Did you know that you can save up to a whopping 40% on your energy costs each month…simply by installing new windows? It may seem odd, but it’s true!
Original windows in older homes tend to let out drafts, which contribute to much higher utility costs than the homeowner realizes. Oftentimes, by replacing the old windows with modern versions, the costs to run the A/C and heat drop substantially, and the windows pay for themselves!
And here’s something even better: for a short time, senior citizens can save hundreds of dollars on brand new windows from Window Remodel Connection.
10. Personal Loans For Retirees In Just One Business Day
As you move into your older years, your lifestyle changes and so do your finances. When that happens, you may find that getting a loan isn't as easy as it was when you were earning money from employment. Not to worry, there are lenders that will consider you for a personal loan.
These loans can help you access to money if you don't have sufficient time to save for it, or if you don't want to dip into your equity. See Details.
11. Get Government Rebates To Go Solar And Cut Your Energy Bill
Did you know you can significantly reduce your monthly electric bill by 75% - 80% by going solar? Thanks to a little-known government program called Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit, homeowners who live in qualified zip codes having their electric bills reduced by 75% - 80% by installing solar panels.
Many people were shocked that subsidies and rebates cover the majority of costs associated with installation, so it costs very little to have done. Learn more about this program and check if your zip code qualifies. Senior homeowners can save $1,000’s of dollars by using this program.
12. You Qualify For A Free Medicare Rate Quote
Healthcare is a very important part of every senior's life. The always increasing costs of prescriptions add up more and more as you age. Most retirees need to take some type of medication, so it’s only right that you should be able to get a discount on your pills. By choosing the right insurance company for your needs you could get your prescription drugs covered.
Many seniors are not aware that they may be eligible to get extra benefits out of their medicare insurance plan. Medicareplan.com offers plans from numerous health insurance companies for free! You can also check if you are eligible to get vision, dental, hearing or even arthritis treatment coverage included.
13. Relieve Your Chronic Foot Pain With Discounted Doc Socks
Doc Socks are a specially designed therapeutic compression socks designed to eliminate foot pain for seniors and get you back on your feet again. They are specially designed to help treat plantar fasciitis, heel pain and swollen feet which is a common ocurrences among seniors. Doc Socks utilizes a patented compression technology to increase blood flow and alleviate muscle tension.
Doc Socks currently having a special discounts for seniors . You can get up to 50% discounts for a pair of Doc Socks. Learn more by clicking on the link below.
14. Naturally Fall Asleep Faster & Sleep Better
Dodow is a revolutionary sleep aid that retrains your brain to fall asleep on its own. It sits on your nightstand and slowly projects a rythmic glow on your ceiling that’s perfect for putting you to sleep.
Focusing on the light helps clear your mind, slows your breathing and relaxes your body so you can quickly, peacefully drift off into a deep and restful sleep. This is very useful for insomniacs seniors.
Dodow was build by insomniacs for seniors and it was built on concrete, scientific research. It’s so effective, that some users say that after a few months, they dont even need to use it anymore! Now that’s a real sleep solution!
15. Discount On Eating Out
If you don’t feel like cooking be sure to turn to these places for good senior dining deals. From fast food to steak restaurants, our compiled restaurant list will definitely help you make your choice. Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Whataburger: free drink with purchase of a meal, depending on location (55+)
- Wendy’s: give free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- Piccadilly Cafeteria: 10% discount with “Prime Time for Seniors” card
- IHOP: 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Krispy Kreme: 10% off (50+) (age and discount varies depending on location)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Spaghetti Factory “Senior Menu” offers discounted list of menu items
- Uno Pizzaria & Grill: “Double Nickel Club” 25% off on Wednesday (55+)
- Sizzler: Offers “Honored Guest Menu” (60+) varies by location
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Friendly’s Restaurants: 10% off meal w/ free coffee at breakfast or free small sunday during non-breakfast hours
- Fazoli’s: Join “Club 62” for special senior menu items (62+)
- KFC: free small drink with any meal depending on location (55+)
- Country Kitchen: Great Senior Menu (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
16. Free Membership To Weekly Senior Savings
Weekly Senior Savings membership gives you access to huge discounts, deals, coupons and more.
Sign up below to get the latest deals on healthcare, home appliances, electronics, groceries, restaurant discounts and much more.
Unlike AARP, membership to Weekly Senior Savings are completely free (no strings attached). When you sign-up, you will occasionaly receive newsletter sent to your inbox with the latest discounts and deals and you can unsubscribe at anytime too.
To join for free, simply enter your e-mail below and click “SUBSCRIBE”:
17. Keep Your Old Glasses Crystal Clear
Peeps is a revolutionary tool that will keep your glasses and sunglasses spotless. It uses a patented invisible carbon formula to safely and easily clean glasses.
The soft brush removes dust and other abrasive particles without damaging lenses, and the carbon microfiber pads wipe away oil and fingerprints.
The CarbonKlean technology eliminates the messiness of sprays or dirty cloths and won’t smear oil and fingerprints on your lenses. Each set will give you more than 500 cleanings, and the travel-friendly design makes Peeps easy to take anywhere.
18. Shopping Discounts For Seniors
You might be surprised to learn that a lot of trendy shops give a senior citizens discount. At Banana Republic, if you over 50-years old you can get a 10% discount at stores, simply by asking for it.
- Bealls Outlet Senior Discounts: 15% off every Tuesday 50+
- Belk: 15% off first Tuesday of every month 62+
- Bon-Ton Department Stores: 15% off on senior discount days; 20% if you use the store’s proprietary credit card 55+
- C.J. Banks/Christopher Banks: 10% off every Wednesday 60+
- Clarks: 10% off 62+
- Dressbarn: 10% off Tues and/or Wed call ahead-varies by location – 55+
- Goodwill: 10% – 20% off one day a week date varies by location – 55+
- Hallmark: 10% off one day a week date varies by location; age may vary depending on the product
- iParty: 10% senior discount every day; ask for discount as soon as you get to the checker
- Kohl’s: 15% off on Wednesdays 60+
- Michael’s: 10% off every day with AARP card – 55+
- Modell’s Sporting Goods: 10% off every day 65+
- Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday 55+
- The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: Up to 50% off , days vary 55+
- SteinMart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month 55+
- TJ Maxx Senior: 10% on Mondays FLORIDA only at this time – 55+
- Walgreens: 20% off once a month, “Balance Rewards” card required. 65+ and AARP
19. Stop Paying For Cable/TV Every Month
Stop wasting your hard-earned money on ridiculous subscription fees. You can enjoy your favorite TV channels and shows (such as ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS and more) for free! How? It's very easy.
All you need is a powerful indoor TV antenna like this one. It's suitable for any TV and there are no installation fees, satellite dishes or monthly subscriptions. T
he best part ' it's absolutely legal. Once you'll get the TV antenna, it will take you less than 10 seconds to set it up. That's right. 10 seconds and you can start watching all your favorite shows FOR FREE!